Associate Lawyer – Tax – 4 years PQE
Our client has over 5,000 staff, including over 3000 lawyer worldwide. They are one of the largest, fully-integrated law firms globally, leading in Asia Pacific. Their reputation for providing outstanding legal expertise is globally pre-eminent in dispute resolution, corporate, and finance. They are one of the world’s top-ranked energy and resources firms. They offer clients a top-tier capability across a single global platform with a distinctive focus on industry sectors and an unparalleled depth of expertise.
Joining this client, you will work with inspiring people, many of whom are leaders in their fields. With nearly 30 offices across the globe, they can offer you international opportunities that only a leading global practice can provide. Their environment is one in which high performance is expected, and in return, they provide rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
As a Corporate Tax Associate, you will report to your supervising lawyer as well as other group partners and you will play a pivotal role in the global tax practice, advising on a wide range of transactions, including M&A, corporate restructuring, energy taxation, capital markets, finance, real estate, projects, funds, and private equity. You will have the opportunity to work on bespoke, big-ticket, and complicated transactions with a strong emphasis on cross-border deals. Your responsibilities will include delivering excellent client service, managing and delivering legal work, and building relationships with clients.
- Advise on a wide range of transactions, with a focus on cross-border deals and complex tax issues.
- Manage and deliver discrete pieces of legal work with a strong emphasis on M&A taxation, corporate restructuring, and other tax-related matters.
- Build a solid foundation of commercial and legal expertise within the chosen area of law.
- Strengthen relationships with clients, frequently acting as a direct point of contact.
- Be responsible for some management and delegation of work to and support of junior colleagues.
- Play an active role in the life of the team.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Around 2-5 years’ PQE; however, candidates with more or less experience will be considered.
- Ability and drive to work on bespoke, big-ticket, and complicated transactions.
- Detailed grasp of complex legal concepts, strong drafting skills, and the ability to communicate complex legal advice to clients effectively.
- Proactive, takes personal responsibility, and prides in client service delivery and the quality of work.
- Contributes to collaborative and high-performing teams, prioritizes team success.
- Delivers high-quality work and excellent service; builds relationships with peers at clients and builds trust with senior client stakeholders.
If this role is of interest, please contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.