Associate Director International Tax
The Associate Director, International Tax is a key role within the tax team. The Associate Director fulfills important leadership responsibilities for the preparation and review of U.S. international income tax calculations and modeling for tax accounting, tax return, and planning purposes. The Associate Director provides comprehensive leadership on multifaceted and interesting projects including monitoring and analyzing U.S and foreign regulatory environment, supporting audit controversy defense, and advising regarding international restructuring projects.
- Provide proficient and comprehensive understanding of U.S. international tax law including GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Subpart F and foreign tax credit regarding preparation and review of income tax provisions and tax return filings.
- Demonstrate solid project management and excellent communication skills while interfacing with senior management, external advisors, and team members on complex technical topics, initiatives, and special projects.
- Provide foresight and oversight of developing advanced models to evaluate tax implications of restructurings and transactions and evolving implications of global legislative and regulatory tax environment.
- Research complex tax issues and knowledgably advise senior management of interpretation and application of tax laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners worldwide on international tax matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehensively integrate business and related tax considerations on a comprehensive basis into tax planning, forecasting, and advising.
- Support tax controversy defense, including researching and drafting responses to IRS requests.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 6 years of tax experience
- Minimum 4 years of International Tax experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. The company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Extensive knowledge in U.S. International tax laws
- Strong tax planning and research skills
- Strong tax accounting knowledge, with an understanding of FIN 48 and deferred taxes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills
- Juris Doctorate or Masters of Tax
- Knowledge of global transfer pricing and other tax laws
- Strong leadership skills
- Travel 5% on as needed basis
- Minimal travel
- Overtime required at peak project times
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.