Assistant Controllers complete many administrative, organization and analysis tasks to monitor the financial health of their business. Their duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Vice President of Accounting with any and all accounting duties
- Creating financial statements for clients as well as upper management
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and tax reporting within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Supervises accounting and admin staff
Assistant Controller Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
At least 7 years’ experience in real estate accounting
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.