Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Support aspects of accounting management (accruals, reconciliations, controls, reporting, etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Manage journal entries, invoices and reconcile accounts for the monthly, quarterly and or annual closing.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit.
- Help in the development of internal reports for management.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Utilize the accounting IT systems to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to identify things that need to be done or areas where assistance would be helpful, with the desire to jump in and assist without being asked
Qualifications of the Assistant Controller include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or business required
- Certified Public Accountant CPA
- 5-8+ years of public accounting experience
- 8+ years of proven experience as a controller or similar position
- 1 to 2 years of proven leadership experience with direct supervision of staff with the ability to motivate a team to produce quality work within tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge off accounting and financial processes (reporting, budgeting & financial closure).
- Working knowledge of MS Office, P21, Syteline, a plus
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Team oriented, with the ability to effectively communicate between all levels and departments of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity; ready to roll up sleeves
- Good organizational and time management skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.