over 1 year ago
- Monitor and analyse existing and proposed tax legislation and assist with defining and implementing appropriate local country tax planning strategies
- Interact and communicate effectively with internal departments to gather information and understand business transactions to ensure proper tax treatment
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal teams, external advisers on various business and tax planning matters
- Communicate and present tax planning ideas clearly and confidently to key stakeholders in APAC region and head office.
- Advise on international tax aspects of business expansion including entering into new countries, reorganizations, and cross-border transactions involving multiple tax jurisdictions.
- Handle tax audits/litigations with local tax authorities in APAC region.
- Review contracts and collaborate with business and legal department to ensure contracts contain key terms that are consistent with global tax structure and to minimize potential tax risks to the company
- Support on transfer pricing obligations (e.g. documentation) within the region
- Interact with all the business divisions and sector functions at all levels.
- Interact with tax audits, advisors and customers if required
- Degree in Business/Law, Master in Taxation highly desirable.
- Experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm experience preferred
- Experience in advising international tax and tax planning/structuring.
- Previous experience in the region a plus.
- Strong knowledge of international tax laws
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Excellent problem solving skills
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.