- Responsible for producing financial reports as well as analyzing data. Ability to turn around ad hoc analyses quickly while maintaining integrity and accuracy of data.
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets to prepare analyses and reports using advanced Excel functions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement; provide information and recommendations to management and follow-through on solutions.
- Review monthly exception reporting to ensure firm policies are being followed.
- Participate in the firm-wide annual forecasting/budgeting process.
- Perform monthly account review and variance analysis.
- Review and analysis of general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Responsible for staff development including review of work, training and coaching:
- Supervise day to day activities of staff and Senior Accountants and ensure staff are fully utilized and workload is appropriately distributed;
- Provide regular feedback to staff and actively engage in developing and managing their longer term growth;
- Fully review staff work to provide error free work product to management;
- Responsible for ensuring staff routinely meet deadlines;
- Train staff on systems, policies and procedures; provide clarity and context on purpose of work and department/firm objectives;
- Address issues and provide positive reinforcement through regular, direct feedback;
- Provide regular feedback to manager on progress and development of staff;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate appropriately to meet a variety of demands.
- Flexibility to complete special projects.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and outside parties.
- Develop a strong understanding of Firm operations and the law firm industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 7 years of experience
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills within professional work history
- CPA or candidate for CPA certification
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.