Accounting Methods’ Tax Senior Manager
Qualifications: 8+ years of experience
- BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- CPA, JD, Master’s in Accounting, Master’s in Taxation, MBA and/or LLM
Methods of accounting subject matter expert. Provide technical guidance across company to ensure proper and consistent positions across company such as:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of federal and state tax reform provisions and tax law changes affecting AHM and its subsidiaries/affiliates and overseeing incorporation of such changes in the tax calculations
- Strong knowledge of IRS guidance on changes in methods of accounting, including applications to change from an impermissible method to a permissible method, from one permissible method to another, method change vs error correction and associated consequences, disclosures and mitigation, appropriate character, and effect on timing, such as capital vs ordinary.
- Fixed asset tax technical subject matter expert responsible for identifying, addressing, and resolving issues related to: TPR, rotables, QIP
- Cost segregation tax technical subject matter expert responsible for providing analysis and completing studies
- Inventory tax technical subject matter expert responsible for 263A calculations, LIFO, non-LIFO, and GPE calculations
- Tax technical subject matter expert responsible for capital versus ordinary deduction, sales apportionment, UNICAP calculations, 163(j) interest expense limitation, and advising on tax settlement allocations
- Tax planning support and advice
- Process improvements and maintaining calendar to increase Tax Department efficiency
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.