The Accounting Manager provides support and guidance to all functions in the areas of accounting and finance. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, reporting, auditing, and banking. This role reports directly to the Controller. This is an on-site role in Madison, WI.
- Asist with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Billing processes.
- Prepare various daily, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Calculate commissions monthly.
- Monitor tax liabilities and ensure tax liabilities are paid on time.
- Keep track of all company credit card spending and make payments on credit accounts.
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with various departments to perform accounting audits.
- Prepare and mail all required tax documents.
- Job costing entries.
- Prepare sales invoices with prepaid discounts.
- Prepare monthly general ledger entries.
- Monitor bank account balances, prepare wire transfers, reconcile bank accounts.
- Handle customer requests for waivers, COI’s, etc.
- File monthly Sales and Use Tax reports for multiple states.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and process payments for a related joint venture.
- Prepare annual financial statements and process distributions for 2 real estate partnerships.
- Preparation of annual 1099’s, personal property tax returns, etc.
- Jump in and help with additional accounting tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or another related field
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting theory and processes in one or more of the following types of businesses: construction, wholesale, contracting, serviceExperience working in a multi-office environment.
- Experience using various accounting software packages including knowledge of report writing. CPA is a plus
Other Skills Needed:
- Distinctly self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Strong communication and organization skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.