Accountant – Receivables Discounting
Location: Harlow, Essex
Salary: up to £250 per day
Job type: 3-6 Month Contract (potential to extend)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is looking for an Accountant to lead the receivables discounting arrangements, extract data from ERP systems, prepare analysis/reporting and support any changes or enhancements to the arrangements across the group. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to be involved in other parts of the accounting and back office processes where possible.
Their offices are based in the Harlow, Essex and offer hybrid working (1-2 days in the office). This role is looking to start ASAP and will best suits candidates with a notice of 2 weeks or less.
- Run reports for various SAP systems to extract/receive files listing all open AR items and invoices fitting the criteria for discounting and confirm what is to be included
- Analyse and reconcile the items accepted by the banks in their discounting arrangements
- Manage/monitor receipt of funds and prepare/submit for posting ledger entries
- Extract data from sub ledgers and consolidate as required
- Track, reconcile and monitor the financed receivable portfolio
- Create a payment proposal file to send received funds to the bank and get approval/share with team to effect payment
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to automate using RPA or macro technology
- Provide analysis and support for the wider Finance teams as needed
* Minimum 4 years in a AP/AR or General Accounting role
* Strong understanding of ledger accounts and confident with interrogation
* Desirable – experience with SAP
* Can start as soon as possible and hit the ground running
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.