Accounts Receivable – primarily in charge in the review/preparation of requisitions/billings, review of timesheets, subcontractor and vendor invoices to ensure that they are coded to the proper jobs and that they are in compliance with terms and conditions of the contracts. Review the recording of requisitions issued, collections received and other adjustments. Ensure that all collections received are processed and deposited, contact clients/owners and work with project managers to collect receivables and resolve any billings/payment issues. Ensure that M/WBE monthly reporting are properly updated by staff and reviews other monthly reports prepared by staff as required by the client.
Payroll – Review bi-weekly time cards obtained via email. Ensure that the cost code in each time card properly indicate job and task worked on. Ensure all hours and wages are correct. Generate job costing reports to provide input to the preparation of requisitions.
Accounts Payable – Oversee the accounts payable process including the coding and approval of all invoices and subcontractor payment applications. Audit invoices against contracts/purchase orders for cost accounting entry and payables and work closely with project managers, sub-contractors and vendors. Generate job costing reports to provide input to the preparation of requisitions.
Support Program Manager and Accounting Manager, particularly with reports and with financial schedules as required by the client.
DESIRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- Knowledge of GAAP and construction accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Integrity, sensitivity and discretion in dealing with confidential financial information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 6 years applicable experience, preferably in a construction company. 3 years of such experience must have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity; or a comparable combination of education or experience.
- Knowledge of financial accounting software; Excel, Word, knowledge of SAGE 100 a plus
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.