In house Tax Manager
The role of an in house tax manager is one of the most popular and sought after within the tax profession offering fantastic opportunities to work with some of the most recognisable brands across a variety of industries. An in house Tax Manager plays a vital role within any business and has good exposure to senior stakeholders within a business.
While the day-to-day responsibilities will vary from business to business, a Tax Manager is responsible to take the lead on tax related issues and act as a trusted advisor to the business.
A Tax Manager advises stakeholders across the business, at all seniority levels, so confidence and self-belief are characteristics that are required. Typical responsibilities can include:
- Managing compliance with tax regulation and deliver tax value
- Setting and communicating tax risk strategy and tax policies across the business
- Ensuring all corporate tax compliance requirements are met
- Participating in year-end reporting
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax law and accounting principles on the business
- Advising the business on strategic tax risk issues and ensuring compliance with tax law.
What expertise is required?
Ideally a Tax Manager will be ACA or CTA qualified (or overseas equivalent) and experience either in house or at a similar level within an accountancy firm is required. Understanding tax laws and regulations is something that is expected as well as strong stakeholder management, self-motivation and being ambitious - all qualities that makes a good Tax Manager stand out.
_ __ _____ _