A Group Treasurer is responsible for all controls and processes from a cash management point of view. With a “watchdog” role over all aspects of financial management, a Group Treasurer works closely a business’s Management Committee to safeguard the organisation's finances.
- Management of the day to day treasury operations of the Group.
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting.
- Ensuring optimum use of cash resources across the business.
- Covenant compliance and reporting.
- Managing both internal and external relationships.
- Assisting the wider business with projects on an ad hoc basis.
What expertise is required?
Typically, a Group Treasurer is fully-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong treasury technical background and ambition to develop their career to the highest level. Their experience is such that they need to be able to present financial information clearly, confidently and concisely and will have an excellent eye for detail.